As one of the leading tool distributing companies for the procurement and distribution of Personal Protective Equipment, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Gardens, Construction Machinery and other products, Euro Tools Nigeria seeks to maximise modern technologies which are clearly deemed to promote and protect the efficient use of the world’s resources without detriment to its inhabitants.
Euro Tools recognises that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably have an impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible. As part of our continuing drive for quality in all the things we do, we have developed this comprehensive policy statement.
This will enable us to set, publish and promote the targets by which our efforts are displayed towards sustainable environmental improvement that can be measured and monitored on a continual basis. In this way we aim to protect the health and safety of our employees and our customers whilst contributing to the future well being of the environment. We have undertaken to help every employee to understand and implement the relevant aspects of this policy in their day-to-day work through the regular communication of objectives, action plans and achievements. Our Managing Director has accepted specific responsibility for policy development and authorised a senior Director of the company to co-ordinate and evaluate the performance of our environmental programme.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment that will:
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials in our activities;
- Design energy efficiency into processes, services, buildings and manage energy wisely in all our operations;
- Reduce where practical the level of harmful emissions;
- Market products that are safe to use, are fit for purpose and conform to all applicable environmental and other legislation;
- Work with and monitor our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through our quality purchasing policy which includes related human rights, moral and ethical issues relative to the country in which they operate;
- Site our buildings, structures and operational plant so that we minimise visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment;
- Support through our quality programme the promotion of environmental protection;
- Monitor environmental performance.